- BSc in Biological Sciences/ Pharmacy/ Food or post-secondary diploma in Science related technical discipline
- Previous Health Canada Security Clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP) is considered as an asset
- Previous experience in Quality Control in food, pharmaceutical, or related industries considered an asset
- 0 to 2 years of experience in Quality Control
- Proficient in English (proficient or functional in French is considered an asset)
- Knowledge of plant science, microbiology, horticulture, chemistry is an asset
- Ensure that all processing activities are carried out as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), at all times, to result consistent quality medical cannabis products.
- Enforcement of GMPs, GPPs, and Policies
- Perform pre-operational inspection checks
- Review and approve labels for packaging use.
- Monitor calibration and preventive maintenance status of equipment/instruments/components. Evaluate and approve sanitation of equipment and production areas during change overs and assure all marijuana products are free of contamination.
- Conduct air monitoring, environmental monitoring, pH testing, lux monitoring, and other testing.
- Conduct equipment calibrations as required.
- Review status of process materials and ensure proper control, release and transfer of materials for production through ERP System. Monitor and verify clone, plant and product transfer across cultivation rooms and vault.
- Ensure that cannabis/ cannabis materials/ products are destroyed as per current approved SOPs in line with Cannabis Regulations.
- Perform Quality functions such as batch/lot record review, deviation/failure investigation, product sampling and retention, document control and record management to ensure process and product compliance.
- Act as backup for QC Technicians
- Other duties as assigned by QC Manager, QAP, or Divisional Manager (RPIC)
- Compensation based on experience and qualifications
- Security Clearance may be requested
- 70%< Required Travel
- Benefits and Vacation Packages
- Not in Stellarton, NS? Interested in moving to a beautiful coastal province? We have re-location packages!
Quality Control Inspector - CannabisNew Glasgow, NS, Canada
We at Kelly Services are currently seeking a Quality Control Inspector with our client in Stellarton, NS. This position is a full-time permanent opportunity in the new and upcoming Cannabis Industry. You would be reporting directly to the QC Manager. You will be responsible for in-process quality monitoring and quality control of Cannabis production processes in strict compliance with the Cannabis Regulations, GMP, and GPP standards. If you are a person that has an entrepreneurial mindset that has worked in the Cannabis, Pharmaceutical, Food Production, Beverage Production, and/or Tobacco Industry - this is the job for you!
Salaried Position: Monday – Friday shift work; this position will require some weekends and on-call availability. There will be prolonged periods of standing, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. There will be Security Clearances that will be required.
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resume will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions at www.kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry-level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit www.kellyservices.ca.
Reference ID: CA7311AM000211
Date Posted: 02/10/2019