- B.Sc. or B.Eng. or similar
- Minimum 2 years experience in analytical instrument calibration
- Hands-on knowledge with HPLC, GC, wet chemistry and others
Metrology SpecialistToronto, ON, Canada
Kelly Scientific Resources (KSR) is a specialty service of Kelly Services, Inc., a leader in providing workforce solutions. Since its launch in 1995, KSR has provided staffing and placement services to a broad spectrum of industries, including biotechnology, chemical, consumer products, cosmetics, environmental, food sciences, medical/clinical, pharmaceutical, and petrochemical. Today, KSR leads the world in dedicated scientific and clinical research staffing. Visit www.kellyscientific.com to learn more and view a full listing of our opportunities.
Analyze and solve calibration problems using current knowledge. Use statistics to analyze measurement standards and processes. Maintain calibration laboratory and/or quality systems.
For current and new laboratory applications and instrumentation (Agilent, Waters Empower):
o Configure an instrument
o Configure instrument for a test
o Arrange for outside service if required
o Liaise with IT when issues arise.
o Troubleshoot, repair and service instrumentation in respect to it being instrument related or method related
Develop, review and execute validation protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ) to meet regulatory compliance.
Analyze validation test data to determine whether systems or processes have met validation criteria or to identify root causes of problems
• Solve problems during validation process and address/advise on issues such as deficiencies, deviations and change control, etc
• Assist in training equipment operators
• Assist with software package implementation ensuring all technical aspects are completed successfully
• Diagnose problems with walk-in stability chamber. Diagnose problems on AC system, stability chamber, water heaters and circulators, and autoclave.
Develop, review and execute validation protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ) and Reports
• Develop and formalize calibration procedures ensuring all laboratory instrument have calibration SOPss
• Perform calibration testing according to associated SOPs
• Review calibration data, issue calibration certificates and perform preventative maintenance on analytical instruments
• Maintain calibration data in an organized format
• Investigate equipment repair requests, perform equipment repair and servicing
• Technical knowledge of automation, electrical and mechanical system repairs for laboratory instrument
Bachelor of Science and/or Engineering in relevant field.
• 2+ years of pharmaceutical or environmental lab experience with emphasis on instrumental methods
• Experience working in a regulated Laboratory environment or Pharmaceutical company, but also with implementation and support experience with laboratory instrumentation.
• Working knowledge of regulations (cGMP-FDA 21CFR part 11, Health Canada)
Experience in instrument site installation activities, i.e. UPLC, HPLC, GC, dissolution, UV, etc.
Category: Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical
Reference ID: CA7677BM001433
Date Posted: 27/09/2019