- Deliver individual and group training covering technical and operational aspects for the Product Lifecycle Management implementation.
- Develop training programs and/or utilize vendor training programs, which meet ISI’s goals and objectives.
- Create training outlines and determine teaching methods, specific to effectiveness of training methods such as individual training, group instructions, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Select or create training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and computer tutorials.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
- Create training needs analysis and provide advice on training for system change and upgrades
- Degree or other tertiary qualifications in a discipline of Business or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of teaching and/or facilitating experience within a Corporate environment
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of delivering training practices
- Previous practical experience working with data and reporting
- Strong MS Office skills, Java, Windows based desktops and web technologies, Product Lifestyle Management or Windchill experience
- Excellent communication skills - listening, written and oral
- An understanding of
- Strong customer service focus with excellent communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate systems analysis skills, critical thinking and problem solving
- Engineering and/or Project Management on large and complex defense engineering projects is preferred
- Strong Technical skills and familiarity with DND/RCN terminology
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Training SpecialistHalifax, NS, Canada
We are currently seeking a Training Development Specialist that will be responsible for developing training plans, training material and deliver training. Our client, Irving Shipbuilding is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This position will report to the Business Architect and you will be responsible for:
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Qualifications & Experience:
Category: Human Resources
Reference ID: CA7311AO000004
Date Posted: 08/01/2020