- Work with the team to identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Independently able to design and implement a complex process with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed design choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Define implementation milestones as well as a testing process to prove that the milestones have been successfully reached.
- Unit test the implementation in detail and to the highest quality by also utilizing the tools currently used by the team for firmware design and production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years database development experience and experience in developing database applications.
- An expert in SQL codes so to support optimizing processes once database has been migrated.
- In-depth knowledge of TSQL, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and the differences between these two platforms
- Experience in developing applications using Visual Studio, C++ and Visual Basic
- Working knowledge of .Net, ASP and Java Script will be an advantage.
Software Engineer (Database Migration) - Markham, ONMarkham, ON, Canada
Software Engineer (Database Migration)
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our client, a Fortune 500 and multinational conglomerate corporation with diversify lines of business in industries such as Healthcare, Aviation, Appliances, Power & Water, Financial Services, Software Development and etc.
This is a 12-month contract with possibility of renewal. Position will be based onsite in Markham, ON.
The Software Engineer is responsible for migration of legacy SQL database to a newer version and will upgrade associated tools infrastructure. The Software Engineer will report to the Software Manager.
In this role, The Software Engineer, an expert in SQL, will:
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly Recruiter, and if your profile matches the requirement, a Recruiter will contact you. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.Why Kelly®?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 97 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: KELYA, KELYB) is a global leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the world, Kelly provided employment to more than 555,000 employees in 2014. Revenue in 2014 was $5.6 billion.
Category: Information Technology
Reference ID: CA76ECJC000578
Date Posted: 08/11/2019