- Diploma or BSc in Chemistry or related
- Up to 5 years' experience in chemical analysis
- Experience in chromatography, thermal, and/or elemental analysis
- The successful candidate will become a member of our Analytical Services Team which is responsible for sample preparation, chemical analysis and interpretation, and documentation of instrument SOPs and test methods, in the following areas: chromatography (APC/GPC, HPLC/ UPLC, GC, IC); thermal analysis (DSC, TGA); spectroscopy (UV-Vis, fluorescence); elemental analysis (ICP, CHONS); and titrations (acid-base, Karl-Fisher).
- Experience operating and interpreting data from other analytical techniques is also desirable.
- This individual must be able to function well in a team environment and work independently as required.
- Other job responsibilities include literature searching and report preparation.
- College or BSc Degree in Chemistry or related
- New grad to 5 years’ experience
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Analytical and systematic in approaching scientific challenges
- Experience working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment an asset
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office
Chemical Analyst - 1 year ContractToronto, ON, Canada
Kelly Scientific Resources believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to senior management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is Science, Engineering, IT, Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Contact Centre or Business Administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Chemical Analyst - 1 Year Contract
We are seeking a chemist with experience on analytical thermal, elemental, and chromatography instruments, as well as in titrations. You will join a world-class team of scientists and engineers and have access to state-of-the-art equipment and newly renovated labs. Your challenge is to support the analysis of multiple materials as part of our internal research program and contract research activities for external clients.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Category: Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical
Reference ID: CA7677BM001398
Date Posted: 05/07/2019