- Competitive Pay Rate
- Permanent Full time Positions
- 12 Hour Continental Shifts
- Rotate work stations between feeding finished candy onto the dumping table and inspecting candy quality,
- ensuring that packaged product meets quality standard.
- pack bagged candy into cardboard boxes and manually load boxes onto an empty pallet for the warehouse
- Communicate material requirements to appropriate personnel
- Provide support as required to machine operators
- Responsible to continuously clean the area surrounding the work station
- Maintain general work centre cleanliness, support major line cleaning and end of shift cleaning • Responsible for fixing jam-ups
- Record batch number and time of day for every new pallet of candy
- Knowledge and understanding of SOP’s and work instructions
- Understand, participate and support all safety programs, policies and initiatives within the manufacturing location
- Responsible for ensuring all packaged product produced meets all GMP and food safety requirements
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor Relationships
- Must Be Able to work 12 hour rotating Continental Shifts (7am-7pm & 7pm-7am)
- A high level of physical effort in:
- Bending and Lifting from the floor to waist, floor to shoulder, and waist to shoulder
- Manual dexterity
- Standing for long periods of time
- Reaching forward below the waist level and above the shoulder
- Repetitive physical demands
- Minor level of mental effort overall:
- High attention to detail
- Repetitive tasks, but requires a high attention to detail
- This position occurs in a manufacturing plant environment
- Exposure to noise, some dust (sugar), water, and variable temperatures is common
- The use of personal protective equipment is required, particularly protective footwear hearing protection, and heat resistant gloves
- The use of company mandated uniform is required (long sleeve shirts/pants, hairnets, gloves, etc.)
- GMP/Food Safety and HACCP training
- Lockout training
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- High School Diploma Experience / Skills
- Previous experience on production line or food processing would be an asset.
General Packagers, Permanent Positions (12 hour Continental Shifts)Hamilton, ON, Canada
Kelly Services is pleased to be supporting our client in the Food industry with their requirement for experienced General Packagers in their West Hamilton plant.
What You’ll Be Doing
Knowledge and Skills
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please apply directly with your resume to the posting.
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Manufacturing and production
Reference ID: CA762CTL000123
Date Posted: 17/06/2020