Senior Accountant/75k/Vancouver/PermanentVancouver, BC, Canada
Our client, an innovative real estate firm, is seeking a Senior Accountant (Tax) for their Vancouver downtown location, reporting to the Assistant Controller:
As the Senior Accountant, your duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Responsible for project entity accounting and financial reporting;
• Ensure accuracy of forecast updates in the accounting system;
• Complete monthly G/L and financial statement review;
• Prepare and enter monthly and year-end journal entries and adjustments including accruals, sales, cost of sales, and land closings;
• Review contracts and agreements for reasonableness and potential cost savings;
• Coordinate and obtain documents to meet pre-funding conditions for finance closings;
• Review, update, and maintain project control report ensuring accuracy and completeness of information recorded;
• Prepare cost allocations for multi-phase and master plan developments;
• Assist with procurement of project insurance;
• Assist with identification and implementation of system and process improvements;
• Assist with training intermediate and junior accountant;
• Assist Assistant Controller and Assistant Director of Finance in preparation of letters, memoranda, and reports to owner, CEO, and external parties; and
• Prepare other monthly and annual reports and projects as assigned.
• 3+ years of experience in tax & accounting;
• Accounting degree preferred, completion of CPA program;
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written);
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task;
• Follow through tasks to completion; and
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite including proficiency in Excel and Word.
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: Please apply directly with your resume in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Reference ID: CA7177MM000023
Date Posted: 11/06/2019