- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Petro-Chemical Company
- Performs routine physical property and chemical analysis of polyethylene to guide the production process to meet specification. Decides on the status of finished product polyethylene and communicates status to other functions within the production unit.
- Performs chemical analysis for the Identification of Raw Materials used in the production of polyethylene.
- Maintains at-line analytical equipment to ensure quality data is reliable and on-line time of equipment is at or above expectations or issues are identified.
- Enters data into specific information data bases such as LIMS and is experienced with Microsoft office tools (Word and Excel.)
- Performs routine calibration, verification, and maintenance procedures per defined schedule and maintains documentation
- Ensures measurement systems are in calibration and suitably maintained prior to use
- Works shift on a 12 hour rotational shift schedule including both days and nights, where an average of 42 hours per week and an average of 2 weekends per month are worked.
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Chemical Technologist (Lab Technician) - Fort Saskatchewan, ABEdmonton, AB, Canada
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with an aptitude for problem solving as well as interpersonal, communication, and computer skills. We are also looking for a team player that is willing to share knowledge and ideas. Working within the Polyethylene MPQ lab, the successful candidate will help provide analytical support for Fort Saskatchewan site polyethylene plants and functions. The successful candidate will use established methods and operating procedures to test, calculate, record, and report information on process and final products. Some of the tests include physical testing on pelleted polyethylene samples as well as using analytical instruments such as GC, UV-VIS, and FTIR. Applicants must have a 2-year diploma in Chemical Technology or equivalent.
**maternity leave coverage**
The main focus of this position will be to:
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to Bilal.Shabbir@Kellyservices.com
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Reference ID: CA762CBS000205
Date Posted: 20/06/2020