- Oil and Gas
- 1 year contract
Risk Based Integrity EngineerLloydminster, SK, Canada
Our client, a leader in the Oil and Gas Industry is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer/Risk Based Integrity Engineer for their Lloydminster, SK location.
1 Year Contract
This position supports the development, implementation and sustainment of the Risk Based Integrity Management (RBIM) Program for pressure equipment and pressure piping. This includes providing technical support and coordination to all parties involved in the program as well as developing and implementing processes and procedures. Travel will be required occasionally.
• Lead and/or support Risk Based Integrity Management (RBIM) implementation (baseline).
• Lead and/or support facilities actively practicing RBIM methodology (sustainment).
• Lead / assist in the developing and then continuously improving of the RBIM processes, procedures and templates.
• Materials, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Technologist
• Professional Status (P.Eng or Professional Licensee) (non-professional status will be considered a level below their related experience)
• Ability to work independently and show leadership in risk based integrity program.
• Minimum of 5 years working experience in the field of Risk Based Integrity Management in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry (less than 5 years working in the direct capacity of this role will be considered a level 1 or 2 as appropriate). Experience includes:
o RBI implementation and/or sustainment experience.
o Owner / Operator experience; operating facility exposure.
o Experience with integrity software tools; (LR Capstone and/or Mistras PCMS would be an asset).
o Working knowledge of API 510, API 570, API 571, API 574, API 579, API 580, API 581, API 650, API 653, and API 970.
• Willing to relocate to Lloydminster.
• Strong MS Office skills.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and integrity related workshops / sessions with many operational stakeholders.
Nice to haves:
• Experience in any of the following:
o Inspection/reliability, risk assessments and risk-based inspections, condition assessment, failure analysis, failure investigation, corrosion control and mitigation, and fitness of service assessments for pressure equipment and piping.
• Thorough knowledge of Risk based inspection tools, Lloyd’s Register Capstone – RBMI software
• Knowledge of materials of construction, selection, limitation, use and welding problems associated with different materials.
• Working knowledge of ABSA documents AB-505 and AB-506.
Detailed Scope of Work
RBIM Implementation Project Activities:
• Lead scope time based vs risk based equipment determination.
• Lead equipment data collection, validation and quality assurance.
• Lead system and piping circuitization.
• Support Corrosion Study (Corrosion Control Document (CCD))
• Lead Production Loss Consequence (PLC) determination.
• Lead initial Risk Assessment determination.
• Support Baseline Inspection Work Planning (IWP) activities ,including:
a. Review NDE recommendations.
b. Perform IWP optimization, including review and approval for CML placement coverage for vessels and piping circuit inspection plan optimization by grouping into process systems for inspection.
c. Assess requirements for initial inspection screening to determine if any inspection data are needed to verify corrosion rates and damage mechanisms prior to a full baseline inspection program.
d. Support field external visual inspection, work with the team to coordinate visual external inspection and data update, including reviewing reports.
e. Complete RBIM inspection strategies review, ensure recommended tasks are adequate for coverage as required for fixed equipment types, criticality ranking, and failure mechanisms.
• Lead and/or support Integrity Operating Window (IOW) determination.
• Lead Risk re-assessment determination.
• Support ‘Sustainment’ Inspection Work Planning activities
a. Conduct final technical review before work activities commence, and approval of CML deviations on change management forms.
b. Perform initial fitness for services assessment following applicable standards and procedures. Analyze and identify areas to investigate (erroneous readings, high damage rate, etc.).
c. Define the follow-up inspections as required per inspection strategies.
Sustainment Program Activities:
• Providing technical support and overall leadership, coordination, and alignment across RBIM stakeholders.
• Coordinating operations, maintenance, engineering and inspection personnel to optimize existing asset reliability.
• Building alignment and supporting documentation (process, procedures, work instructions and templates) to standardize RBIM sustainment across all facilities.
• Evaluating and performing risk re-assessments based on other equipment/piping from inspection findings.
• Supporting the inspection work planning cycle; including:
a. Coordinating and following up with inspections activities and NDE evaluations.
b. Reassessing piping grouping to determine if changes are required for representative circuits follow-up inspection.
• Managing all changes impacting RBIM equipment scope and sustaining associated documentation:
o Sustaining the following documents:
§ Time based / risk based equipment list.
§ System and Circuit Drawings, Circuit Catalogue
§ Corrosion Control Document
§ Production Loss Consequence
o Establishing, sustaining, monitoring, and analyzing Integrity Operating Windows (including process conditions); taking appropriate action as required.
o Managing integrity threats as needed.
o Facilitating deferral risk assessments.
• Supporting other program initiatives and strategy development, including updating/managing dead-leg registers, participating in HAZOPs, LOPAs, and Incident Investigations to determine RBIM impact and support Turnaround Planning (using RBIM Program Tools).
• Supporting continuous improvement, tracking and reporting on KPIs, and performing periodic assessments to identify gaps and develop plans to close the gaps.
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to LAROCKI@kellyservices.com
Reference ID: CA767ZKL001359
Date Posted: 24/07/2020