- Setup and operation of multiple CNC machines, including Mills and Lathes, as needed. Experience programming using Mastercam X2 or better is mandatory.
- Experience programming and using YASNAC and FAGOR milling controllers
- Knowledge of tooling, tool setting and offsetting, setting work offsets, and basic inspection a must.
- Maintain a demanding level of quality working on Aerospace materials such as aluminum, titanium, stainless steel, and/or plastic.
- Must demonstrate a good command of print reading, a working knowledge of GD&T, attention to complex work instructions and setup sheets, and the ability to follow documentation of processes.
- Good communication skills are a must. This position requires working with other team members in up- and down-stream operations, programming, quality control, and engineering.
- Ability to read and write g-code using CAM software and at the machine controller as required.
- Must be capable to perform minor machine maintenance, clean machines and work areas as needed during production run time, stand all day, and lift up to 50lbs.
- Sets up, operates and monitors CNC, NC, manual and other related equipment to accomplish the required operations as defined by the work instruction, routing, and/or print.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Utilizes ISO compliant documentation and/or processes to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished workpiece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures specified holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, sanders, drill presses, computerized engraving machines, and riveting machines.
- With supervision, calculates and sets controls to regulate specified machining factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media.
- Licensed machinist
- Experienced with a wide variety of CNC machines
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Good math skills and ability to read drawings
- Attention to detail extremely important
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Dependable and reliable
Aerospace CNC Operator / ProgrammerFort Erie, ON, Canada
Job Title: CNC Operator/ Programmer
Position Type: Full-time, 4-6 Temporary Assignment
Salary: $27-$30 per hour
Work Location: Fort Erie, ON
Please Apply to email@example.com
Category: Skilled Trades
Reference ID: CA7680GD000016
Date Posted: 16/05/2019