- Responsible for Strategic Sourcing of Equipment, Materials and Services
- Negotiating best value long-term and short-term transactions with vendors
- Source new product streams as may be required
- Identify and develop new vendors.
- Develop purchasing strategies
- Provide Coaching and Mentoring to other Buyers and Trainees
- Act as Change agent and be able to cultivating effective relationships with Clients and vendors
- Ensure that orders are delivered on time and at cost and manage billing, quality and delivery issues.
- Provide support to Purchasing Area Lead as may be required.
- 7 or more years’ experience as a Supply Chain Professional
- SAP Experience Required
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics or Engineering.
- Have excellent Communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Intellectually mature, articulate, and able to deal effectively with process management, Leadership and coordinating with key sourcing stakeholders.
- Experience with and familiarity with materials and services in Oil & Gas will be considered and asset
- Supply Chain Management Certification (SCMP or equivalent) will be an asset.
- Team 5
- This is a Calgary based position located at Suncor Energy Centre.
- January 2, 2020 to September 30, 2020
- Competitive pay rate+ 4% vacation
- Free access to 100+ online training class via Kelly Learning Centre
- Opportunity for contract extension and permanent placement
- Recognition and bonus programs
- Benefits available through Manulife (single and family coverage)
Procurement AssociateCalgary, AB, Canada
At Kelly Services, we believe in relationships, not transactions. We strive to bring you the BEST opportunity in the market. Currently we have an exciting opportunity opened up in Calgary AB. Communication Specialist II. You will be working for one of the world's recognized energy delivery companies.
Please note the position is for a contract role - January 2, 2020- Sep30, 2020
Procurement Associate Key Tasks:
Experience and Education:
Required Safety training / equipment (if applicable)
What is Offered to You?
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance
Reference ID: CA762CQG000022
Date Posted: 28/11/2019