- Process and administrate full cycle multi-provincial, semi-monthly Canadian payroll and bi-weekly US payroll.
- Perform manual data entry and maintenance of the payroll system, including new hires, employee updates, terminations, garnishments and medical leaves etc.
- Process changes to benefits coverage, including new enrolments, coverage changes and terminations, both in Ceridian and with benefit carriers in an accurate and timely manner
- Post all payroll related journal entries to the accounting system
- Respond to payroll and benefits inquiries from employees, managers, and various external parties
- Verify and process payroll data for hourly, salaried employees, commissioned employees, and OT, pager time, banked time and standby timesheets
- Update employee payroll records such as banking information, additional and recurring payments and deductions, and any necessary adjustments into payroll system for hourly, salaried and commissioned employees
- Perform calculation for termination pay and issue ROE in Ceridian or Web ROE
- Track and reconcile employee time off i.e. vacation days, sick days, and unpaid days etc., and ensure that time off requests are processed in accordance with company policies
- Process commission payments to salespeople
- Administrate/Manage employee benefit plans, ensure benefit deductions and taxable benefits are set up accurately in Ceridian, and correspond with benefit carrier information
- Process insurance invoices and payments after verifying the due amount correctly reflects for any adjustments, including dependent additions/deletions, and optional insurance changes
- Process month-end payroll account reconciliations for various payroll general ledger accounts
- Process multi-province WCB and states reports and remittances
- Process payroll and HR module year-end process in Ceridian; reconciles payroll records to ensure T4s and W-2 is issued accurately in a time manner, prepares and distributes T2200, GST 370 and TP 64 etc.
- Perform all data entry functions in a timely, accurate manner; ensure in compliance with legislation
- Scan all payroll records for electronic filing and maintains employee records
- Maintain up-to-date policies and procedures
- Perform other payroll and accounting duties as required
- Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP)
- Minimum 1 years payroll experience and some accounting experience
- Familiar with Ceridian Insync
- Current knowledge of legislations including provincial Employment Standards, CRA Income Tax Act & Regulations and Workers’ Compensation
Payroll Coordinator|50k-55k|Port CoquitlamPort Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Our Client is an award winning Financial Technology company with over 30 years of experience in the industry. The Client is one of North America’s largest independent P.O.S. Solution providers. We are currently looking for a full-time Payroll Coordinator to join their team, starting immediately.
If you are interested in this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Kelly is an award-winning pioneer in recruitment. Since founding the temp industry in 1946, Kelly has grown globally to become a provider of the world’s best workforce solutions through a comprehensive array of outsourcing, consulting and world-class staffing services.
Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions. We connect great people with great companies. #WhatsNext
Category: Human Resources
Reference ID: CA7111MZ000002
Date Posted: 29/06/2019