- Read source documents and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners.
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
- Maintain logs of activities and completed work.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Completion of a speed and accuracy data entry test (May be required).
- 2-4 years of related experience required
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Excellent typing/data entry (speed & accuracy)
- Ability to work independently and see tasks through completion
- Ability to handle fast-paced, high volume environment
- High school diploma or GED required
- Post-Secondary is an asset
Data Entry Clerk - OttawaOttawa, ON, Canada
Data Entry Specialist
We are seeking experienced Data Entry Specialists for contract roles ranging from 3 months – 1 year.
Our clients are leading Canadian banking and insurance providers. The ideal candidate will have a positive, friendly and professional demeanor as well as excellent hard skills.
Summary: The main function of a Data Entry Specialist is to verify and input data. A typical Data Entry Specialist is responsible for accurate information documentation and personal project management. Technical skills include documentation skills and time management.
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Category: Banking/Financial Services
Reference ID: CA769AGO000101
Date Posted: 19/11/2019